Saturday, May 18, 2013

I'm Back!! (with new computer!)

Wow...I feel like it's been ages since I blogged!!

So like I posted from my phone ap, my computer started overheating and a friend of mine who is a computer whiz (he works for HP) told me that it would cost more to fix it than it was worth and he said I should just try to get a new computer.  Money is incredibly tight for us, but I managed to work out a solution and after a  ton of research (done mostly on the browser on my cell phone...good thing I have unlimited data!) I decided on a Toshiba Satellite computer and I had it custom made from the Toshiba Direct web site.  It took  few weeks of waiting before I got it, but cutting out the middle man saved me money and made sure that I got just what I wanted on it.  It arrived yesterday and so far I love it (the jury is still out on Windows 8, but I'm trying to adjust to it).  There are a few settings I need to figure out how to adjust, but otherwise I'm loving it. When I scroll vertically it doesn't respond like I'd like it to, but I know there's a setting to adjust, I just have to figure out how to do it.  I went to the hardware section of the control panel and played around with mouse settings, but it didn't fix it.  Gotta figure that out before it drives me crazy.

Anyway...it has 8 gigs of RAM (upgradeable to 16 which it seems like I'm definitely going to want to do before too long), and a terrabite hard drive.  The processor is an Intel I-7 and it has a  17.3 inch screen which I love.  That also ensures the keyboard is nice and wide too, with a full number pad.

So...I'm all set to get back to blogging and whatnot.  I still have quite a bit of software to reinstall on it, but I have all my pictures and most of the things in my documents section copied over, so I'm going to be busy doing that all weekend for sure.

I've been online this whole time while I was waiting for my new computer to be built and shipped, and before hand during the decision phase, but it was on my cell phone which is pretty limiting.  I got on my husband's desk top computer a few times, but his chair kills my back, so those moments were few and short-lived.

Lately what I've been getting into is COUPONING!  I'll definitely be adding that to my blogging as it goes right along with my efforts to be more of a Proverbs 31 woman and I already have a section called Penny Pinching I have yet to enter anything into, but that won't be for long.

If you're reading this, thank you for sticking with me during my absence!
Now on to a new post about my couponing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input! I look forward to reading your comments and getting to know you better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Find us on Google+