Monday, October 22, 2012

Glass Pebble Chore Chart

As I posted in my last post, I'm seeking to find BALANCE in what I NEED to get done and what I WANT to do :) (Aren't we all?) :)  My current effort was found on Pinterest.  I made this chore chart using glass pebbles glued on magnets with a chore printed and glued in between the two.  I made a "to do" and "done" column for both my husband and I and put all the glass pebbles in a bowl and had him draw out half of them and those are his chores for the week and mine are the rest. Some of them are things that are hard work, some are very easy and simple, but need to be remembered too.  Looking at this chart, however, I told my husband we would start with getting it done in two weeks and when everything has been at least once, we can move it back to one week so the things that have been overlooked for too long could be just gone over again and wouldn't take as long.

Idea from HERE

Shades of Safhire - Glass Pebble Magnet Chore Chart

Ok, it isn't as pretty as I wanted it to be, but it serves its purpose.  At first, I made a pretty graphic and had put clear contact paper over it and had that covering the surface of the cookie sheet. BUT when I put the glass pebble magnet on it, it wouldn't stay! It kept sliding off, so I knew it wouldn't work any way but to have the magnet directly on the cookie sheet.  Maybe it's the "non-stick" feature of the cookie sheet, but the only way to even get the trim and column heading to stick was hot glue.  Maybe one day I'll figure out how to pretty it up better, but for now, it works.  Getting my husband to do his chores however...may be a much bigger chore in itself :)

(For the record, I have several of my glass pebbles moved to the "DONE" column since I took this picture!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input! I look forward to reading your comments and getting to know you better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Find us on Google+