Sunday, October 21, 2012

House Cleaning and Crocheting

So this week I've been cleaning up a storm at home.  Besides the fact that I've gotten WAY behind on housework after starting physical therapy for spinal stenosis in my back, my family (my side) agreed we would have Thanksgiving at my house this year (first time in six years). Given my back and knee issues, I decided to start cleaning now so my house would look good for the holidays (and my family!).

I got a lot of cleaning done, and as I was hurting in the evenings, I couldn't spend the quality time in my craft room I would have liked to have.  I did get a lot of crocheting done though :)  I like that crocheting takes up so little room and you can do it while rocking and watching TV with the family in the evenings.

Here's what I got done this week with my crochet:


Snowman Mug Hugs (mug cozies)
(Pattern be found HERE)

Shades of Safhire - Snowman Mug Hugs (mug cozies)

A Christmas Stocking
(Pattern found HERE)

Shades of Safhire - Crocheted Christmas Stocking


And I started a snowman pot holder 
(I need to buy orange yarn to finish his nose yet)
Inspired by a Pinterest pin
I didn't buy the pattern, but figured it out myself.  I'm not sure I want to put the nose in the direction
she has hers though (I like it but I don't...can't decide  :)  )
(I need to fix the alignment of the right side too)

Shades of Safhire - Snowman Pot Holder (have to add the nose yet)

Oh, and I crocheted this last week and forgot to post it:
(I think the next one I make I will add a mustache.  I live in Ohio not far from Amish and I think this looks like an Amish Santa :) (they don't have mustaches after they get married...only beards)

Santa Coaster
(Pattern found HERE)

Shades of Safhire - Santa Coaster

I really have the itch to do some sewing this week and/or some wood work. I have some ideas for some Christmas signs I want to make from wood and paint them.

I'm on the search for BALANCE in my life :) I'm trying to not be so focused on just one thing to the neglect of others ;) I think I had a successful week with that, but I really long for more time in my craft room to do things other than crochet :)  We'll see how thing week goes :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the Snowman Mug Hugs! I'm so glad to be following you, love your blog!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Katie! I appreciate your comment and definitely for you to be folling my blog! I'm just getting my blog off the ground and am hoping to make new crafty friends like you along the way :) I'm about to upload a new version of the snowman mug hug here in a few minutes, so check it out when you get the chance :)

      Delete
  2. I love crocheting!! Especially things that can be finished quickly. I am pinning these!! I have been mainly crocheting barbie clothes for my granddaughter:) I just dropped in from the hop to check out the cute "mug hugs" and found all the other cuties:)
    I would love to invite you to share this or any of your other favorite posts at Freedom Fridays Blog Hop (no rules and live now)
    So hoping to see you there.
    Have an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS Following via Facebook, twitter, Pinterest and Goggle +

      Delete
    2. Hello Evelyn and how kind you are! :) I prefer crochet projects that are faster than an afghan too :) I think I have a low attention span at times or something LOL. I appreciate you hopping over to check out my blog! I'm just getting it off the ground and really appreciate your follow! I will definitely hop over to check our Freedom Fridays here shortly :) See you on the other side! Oh, and I did another Snowman mug hug today while waiting on my husband at a doctor's appointment and will be uploading that picture here shortly, so check back! Again, thanks so much for the follow!

      Delete
  3. Hi, good information about House cleaning and crocheting. Thanks fro sharing.

    home cleaning toowoomba


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input! I look forward to reading your comments and getting to know you better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Find us on Google+