Saturday, October 13, 2012

Rotating Spice Rack Score

My family and I are regular shoppers at Sam's Club (no I don't work for them :) ).  So a few weeks ago, my son and I are in the food section shopping and as I turn a corner to go down the next aisle, the house goods department is right there next to us and I look over and catch a glimpse of this rotating spice rack. Memories of Pinterest and pinning links to my Craft Room/Zone board came back to mind and I remembered what a good idea I'd seen about using spice bottles for glitter shakers and for storing beads.  I meander over to 'just look" at it and noticed what a neat spice rack it is and it includes not only the spices in each bottle, but there's also a five-year free refill that comes with it and the whole thing is less than $20. You can't buy just the spices in the box alone for that price, let alone the spice rack too and definitely 5-years worth of spices! With the holidays (and my obsession with love of holiday baking coming up), I feel justified in buying it and I feel I got quite a score in the deal :)

Spice Rack Score from Sam's Club


So I buy the spice rack and bring it home.  I empty the contents of the containers into medication bottles and label it with duct tape (the first thing I could find), put the spices in my pantry and take the spice rack promptly to my craft room and fill the bottles up with glitter :)

Shades of Safhire -Repurposing a spice rack into a craft shaker rack

Shades of Safhire -Repurposing a spice rack into a craft shaker rack

It's PERFECT for glitter, beads, etc.  I plan to use the bottom row for beads after I empty the smaller amount of glitter I filled those bottles with.  It rotates and there's a choice of pour or sprinkle openings in the cap and also a removable cap with holes in it under the top cap. What a deal I got and what a thrifty gal I feel like today! :)

4 comments:

  1. That is a great find! I need to head out to Sam's Club and see if it's there, it's perfect for glitter storing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SOOO perfect, as an art teacher I may have to borrow this idea!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're able to find it! I'm actually thinking of getting another one :) I didn't think I'd fill all the bottles with just glitter, but I did exactly that today. I need another ones for other things :) I want to use it for my crafts, but also as art therapy with my autistic son. Have a great day, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. That is a nice way to keep all of that glitter corralled. I also have an autistic son, he is very high functioning and has been helping paint alot of my projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input! I look forward to reading your comments and getting to know you better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Find us on Google+