Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Don't Forget to VOTE!


It seems like every presidential election time, we hear the same thing:  "This will be a historical election. A lot rides on the outcome of this election...."  Yada Yada.  However, for the first time ever, I think this year it's really true.  So don't forget...if you are an American today, exercise your right to vote!

My dad always told me, "If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain." Well, I want the right to complain! lol  Don't you? :)
Shades of Safhire -election day 2012


How I will vote:
(Borrowed from a friend's post): "I will vote for the most pro-life candidate, because God hates the shedding of innocent blood (Prov.6:17). I will vote for the most pro-Israel candidate, because God blesses those who bless Israel and curses those who don’t (Gen.12:3). I will vote for the most pro-debt reduction candidate, because the borrower is servant to the lender (Prov.22:7).I will vote for the most pro-work candidate because God says if a man does not work, let him not eat (2 Thes. 3:10). I will vote for the most pro-marriage candidate, because God is for marriage as defined in Genesis 2:24. I will vote for the candidate who most closely believes government’s purpose is to reward the good and punish the evil (Romans 13). I will vote based as close as I can on God’s Word (2 Tim.3:16), knowing that whoever gets elected, God is the one who puts all men in authority (Dan. 2:21)."


1 comment:

  1. Hear! Hear! I like the reasons you've listed for voting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input! I look forward to reading your comments and getting to know you better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Find us on Google+