Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Mickey Mouse crocheted hat

Tonight I finished the crocheted Mickey Mouse hat I made for my great niece Payton for Christmas.  She turns 3 in January and just loves Mickey :) I hope she likes it.  You can find the original pattern HERE, but I did the ears and buttons differently and had to enlarge it for a 3-year old (the pattern goes up to 9 months).  Here's the pic of the one I made;

Shades of Safhire -Crocheted Mickey Mouse hat with revision

What I did with the ears is, I had these plastic cd-shaped disks (the kind that sit on top of a spindle of blank cd's or dvd's) that I'd kept thinking there would be a time they'd come in handy and they just did :)  I crocheted the ears with two sides and sewed the two sides together with the plastic disc inside to keep it rigid.  I also crocheted the white buttons instead of using real buttons to try to cut back on the potential of a choking hazard for little ones.
   I think it turned out pretty cute :)  That's one Christmas gift to check off :)

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute hat - and I love that you used the plastic CD shapes for the ears!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing this at Sunday's Sweet Confessions over at mommy's Sweet confessions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really good.
    Visiting via One Artsy Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally cute! I'm visiting you today from the FFFFF Hop, and I'm following you on Linky and GFC now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and wish I could crochet. Thanks for sharing at Restyled Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, this is such a super cute project...I love your modifications! You are a beautiful crocheter! Thanks for linking up and sharing on Thanksgiving Treats and Fall Fun. I'm following along on GFC so I don't miss any of your creativity. Have a wonderful day!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, everyone! I REALLY needed that encouragement and I thank those of you who are following me now! Growing my blog isn't easy :) I did just start it in September, but it's not easy getting followers, so I truly appreciate your follow! Thank you for all the great work you do on your own blogs as well, which encourages me with my creativity too!

    Still in His grip,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your hat! So cute! Thanks you for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input! I look forward to reading your comments and getting to know you better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Find us on Google+