Sunday, November 18, 2012

Crocheted Scarf -Christmas Gift for Mom

My family (on my side) decided to gift hand made things this year for Christmas, so I've been busy crocheting this week.  Last night I finished crocheting this scarf for my mom (shhh...nobody tell her!) :

Shades of Safhire - Crocheted Scarf

   It's made with that really soft bulky yarn. I'm trying to remember where I got the pattern from, but it's really quite simple.  Chain stitch the length you want your scarf to be.  Turn and skip the first chain and single crochet in the second chain stitch. Skip two chain stiches and double crochet 5 times in the next chain stitch. Skip 2 chain stitches and single crochet in the next chain stitch.  Just keep up that pattern till you finish the first row. You've made a length of shells (semi-circles). 
   Instead of turning yet, crochet around the end and do the same thing in the other side of the chain stitch row (so that the edge of the scarf won't be straight...it will be curved with shells).  When your'e done with that row, fasten off and change colors, turn.
  Chain one and double crochet in the second stitch from the end.  Single crochet once at the top of the shell of the row below.  Double crochet five times in the lowest stitch between shells.  Repeat the pattern of single crochet once at the top of the shell and double crochet five times in the dip between the shells.
   Change colors with every row or however you want the pattern to turn out.  There are 8 rows all together (7 rows of colors, but the first two rows [not including the chain row] are the same color).
    Now as my mom doesn't like regular winter hats, I'm going to try to find (or create) a pattern for a head scarf kind of hat. She's always preferred head scarfs, so I want to crochet her a headscarf-shaped hat that matches her scarf.  Maybe some gloves too.  I'll have to dig around Pinterest to see what I can find :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input! I look forward to reading your comments and getting to know you better!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Find us on Google+